If you’re anything like me, you’ve probably wondered how to get started with affiliate marketing and monetize your blog. The world of blogging and social media is rapidly changing and with each new day comes a new way to make money! With every “Swipe Up Now” on Instagram and new blog post is a new avenue for sales and that’s something to embrace!
The way I look at it:
Putting a blog together takes some serious time and effort, if you think about it. From setting up your blog, to writing content, taking photos and creating copy, there is a lot of work left to be done! These bloggers take time out of their day to create content for us as readers and that’s something I highly respect. If they take the time to post things for us, why not let them earn a reward for doing so? If you’re going to buy the product anyways, why not support them at the same time?
So with that being said, here is what I’ve found works for affiliate marketing.
- Add a contact email in your bio. This is one of the easiest ways to let people / companies know that you’re interested in working with them! I’m working with numerous brands who have found my email via my IG page.
- If you’ve seen “Shop the Post” bars underneath blog posts, it’s through a few different programs. The one I use is through ShopStyle.com, though you see influencers with higher followers using one called RewardStyle.com. RewardStyle is extremely exclusive so don’t get discouraged if you’re not accepted right away. Work on increasing your engagement and try again!
- Post regularly. If you post regularly in a niche category (i.e. beauty, beauty products, etc.) you will begin to see likeminded companies engage with you. Do your part and engage back! Comment on their photos, DM them and let them know if you like their company/brand message, etc.
- Get involved in a blogger network! I personally like to use the Muses app. I’ve met some great bloggers on here and it’s always nice to reach out! There are also companies on there that are just waiting to find bloggers like you!
- Reach out to companies with a media kit. I am working on a template that will be available for you to use to build your own media kit! Sign up for my email list now to receive it when it’s done. Stay tuned 😉
Hope these tips have helped. If you’re looking for more information or are open to collaboration, email me at email@example.com
Remember – affiliate marketing takes effort and the more you put in, the greater reward you will see! Take a personal approach with companies and let them know that you’re there. Everyone likes to feel loved, so do your part in sharing it.